Pacific Standard Time

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2011/09/ice_cube_celebrates_ray_charles_eames_is_really_happening.php
MAKING ART FUN and celebrating Los Angeles Art from 1945 - 1980.  I'm going to check out as much as I can and learn about my cultural background until March 2012. www.pacificstandardtime.org




1.  Now Dig This!

Really glad Jenny invited me to go to the Hammer Museum today.  Now Dig This! is a wonderful window into art in Los Angeles by the disenchanted and often under looked community (black + women + minorities).  The story of these artist is inspiring and I enjoyed being introduced to a phenomenal body of work.  Their zingiest is one that cannot be overlooked and their reaction to the world around them is something we can all learn from in our current time.

i like u:  Charles White, Betye Saar, John OutterbridgeWomen's Building, learning about redlining, Noah Purifoy, Sister Karen Boccalero/Self Help Graphics, Fred Eversley, etc.  


2.  California Design, 1930-1965: ‘Living in a Modern Way’ - My impressions...


3.  Edward Kienholz’s Five Car Stud (1969–72) Revisited - Life changing. Go!


4.  Asco: Elite of the Obscure, A Retrospective, 1972–1987 - I want to be like you.





Popular posts from this blog

Frank Bros.

Redlining Los Angeles County

haiku + mural = ❤